Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My hens are laying eggs again!

 
 


After a 2 month break from producing eggs, my hens are back at it! So nice. I no longer have to buy them from the store like I've had to since Christmas. Maybe they were protesting the chilly winter weather or perhaps their less than 5 star accommodations (I thought it was a decent hen house...maybe we need to weatherproof it a bit more...) , regardless, I am glad they are supplying us with delicious eggs again.
 

 
The hens enjoying breakfast on a snowy blizzard day.
 
 

 
 
Our Wyandotte retreating into the hen house during blizzard.
 
 
The hens back when it was warm out and they were still producing happily.
 
 
One of my Easter Egger's blue eggs from back in the fall.
 
 
 
Grateful for fresh eggs again!
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment